In 1984, Rick Hendrick started Hendrick Motorsports with an unsponsored car, five employees and just 5,000 square feet of space. Over twenty years later, the organization has evolved into one of NASCAR’s top teams with ten championships and over 200 Sprint Cup victories.
#5: Kasey Kahne
#24: Chase Elliott
#48: Jimmie Johnson
#88: Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
The Hendrick Motorsports Museum is a must-stop for all stock car racing fans. Inside the museum, see Hendrick Motorsports’ most famous stock car and championship trophy displays. Watch a dissected Chevrolet SS car as the body is raised and lowered onto the Chassis.
Highlights include (subject to change without notice):
- Terry Labonte’s Last Ride car
- Jimmie Johnson’s Darlington car that marked Hendrick Motorsports 200th Cup Victory
- “Driver Zones” featuring souvenirs, stock cars, trophies, graphics and video for drivers Kasey Kahne, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson and Dale Earnhardt Jr.
- Chevy Lumina from the film Days of Thunder
- “Exploded” car display featuring components used in a 200 mph Sprint Cup racing machine
- Helmet and Fire Suit Displays
- Display featuring 1:24th scale replicas of cars ran at Hendrick Motorsports
- Snack Area
Viewing areas for Hendrick Motorsports race shops provide fans a unique behind-the-scenes peek as teams prepare cars for each race weekend. From racing apparel to diecast, the Hendrick Team Store offers a large variety of collectibles from drivers including Kasey Kahne, Chase Elliott, Jimmie Johnson, Dale Earnhardt Jr. Show your fan spirit with the Team Store’s full-line of Hendrick Motorsports logo apparel and souvenirs. Dressing rooms available.
Hours of Operation:
Museum and Team Store – Monday – Friday 10:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday – 10:00am – 3:00pm
5/24 Race Shop – Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
48/88 Race Shop – Monday – Friday 7:30am – 4:30pm
*Note: please see HendrickMotorsports.com for special or extended hours during the year